[wp-hackers] Custom Post Types and pending incompatibilities

Charles Frees-Melvin charles at cefm.ca
Sat Jul 10 20:30:46 UTC 2010

What if we were to have a Codex page where plugin authors can list their custom post type there by allowing other plugin authors to see the most used post type for their niche. Then list any that are specific or need to be different be prefixed with the plugin name as mentioned.

In this format the core team can choose a name not listed, or pre-reserve a custom post type when a patch or ticket is in Trac.

Just a thought, but would require a tough luck approach if core chooses one that was not on said list.
--
Charles E. Frees-Melvin
charles at cefm.ca
www.cefm.ca