[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Jeff Chandler jeffc at wptavern.com
Thu Jul 8 16:22:50 UTC 2010

  There are already quite a few WordPress enthusiast communities with forums attached where you can talk about all things WordPress. No need to plug the one I manage but they exist.

Also, I'd like to reiterate that had the patch actually had a ticket attached to it which generally has a discussion form, I'm guessing that the discussion on the hackers mailing list would have most likely ended up within that ticket where by all rights, is where it should have been all along.  I've read that not every patch committed has a ticket for discussion but maybe that could change unless of course, discussion for tickets slows things down. I'm wondering if this particular patch forgot to be assigned to a ticket or if it was on purpose that one was not assigned to it. At any rate, that is where the venue of discussion should have occurred, not this list and since the ticket was non-existent and it was brought up on the list, well, the rest is history (still making history on this thread apparently).