[wp-hackers] Adding built in taxonomies to custom post types

Jake Goldman wphackers at jakemgold.myfastmail.com
Wed Jul 7 22:05:29 UTC 2010

  Anybody here have any luck adding the built in taxonomies (post_tags,
category) to a custom taxonomy?

Haven't dug in too deeply, but using the code below I haven't been able
to get the "category" taxonomy added to this simple post type:

register_post_type('glossary',array(
     'label' => 'Glossary',
     'description' => 'The lingo',
     'public' => true,
     'capability_type' => 'page',
     'supports' => array('title','editor'),
     'menu_position' => 20,
     'taxonomies' => array('category')
));

Note that I can add new and custom taxonomies (of any sort) without an
issue.

Before I spend too much time digging, hoping someone else is aware of
this / has run into this...

Jake