[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

John Bloch jbloch at olympianetworks.com
Wed Jul 7 15:05:12 UTC 2010

WordPress isn't Matt's company, it's the community's project. This addition to core was discussed in dev chats just like every other addition in WordPress. Like Matt said, WordPress development is a meritocracy. If you wanted to influence the direction of core, you should contribute and earn the respect that will get you that influence. I've been watching this thread for the last two days and think this is the silliest argument I've ever seen. If you don't like the filter, remove it! It's one line of code. Did you know that WordPress also changes regular quotes to curly quotes with a filter, and -- to en-dash and --- to em-dash and ... to elipses?! OH THE INHUMANITY!!!