[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 6 23:07:26 UTC 2010

On 7 Jul., 00:27, Matt Mullenweg <m... at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2010 2:51 PM, 24/7 wrote:
>
> > Possible Q#1: How many downloads would such a plugin need?
>
> I'm not sure, more than 10,000 for sure and closer to 50k to be serious.

So far so good. That's what i meant with rules: How about a number
people can rely on?

> > Possible Q#2: When does an idea get's accepted as a possible
> > alternative?
>
> I'm not sure what this sentence means.

Sry. Written too short. We got the following ideas (if i didn't miss
one):
a) Out of core
b) A Plugin delivered with the WordPress download/update
c) An option in the (read?)-Settings
d) Add it to the spellchecker
e) stay as it is
f) ?

Because this list is completely missing someone who is moderating the
discussion (i mean for ex. summing up things, not dis-/allowing it to
appear on the list), i was asking for some rules, when such problem
solving suggestions get rated as an alternative to what's already
here. I strongly believe that everybody in here would be happy with
some basic rules for discussions about core elements, like for ex. we
got rules for themes that get added to the theme repository.