[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 6 18:51:02 UTC 2010

On 6 Jul., 19:20, Matt Mullenweg <m... at mullenweg.com> wrote:
> On 7/6/2010 10:33 AM, Harry Metcalfe wrote:
>
> > I wrote a patch weeks ago to take it out. I'm really not trying to be
> > difficult! I just think this filter is a terrible idea. And it's a
> > little sad to witness the total lack of interest from the core team.
> > This isn't how it's supposed to work, IMO.
>
> Maybe write and promote a plugin, and we can see how many downloads it gets?

Reading things like this comments or the whole discussion, i think
it's more about a general theme. You could compare it to politicans
and people or with a house and it's inhabitants. They all need one
thing: rules they can rely on. Currently there's just a large gap
filled with emotions on both sides...

Possible Q#1: How many downloads would such a plugin need?
Possible Q#2: When does an idea get's accepted as a possible
alternative?

-K.