[wp-hackers] Home redirects to new page on WP 3.0

Michael D Adams mda at blogwaffe.com
Tue Jul 6 18:13:11 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM, mailapera <mailapera at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed 3.0 and after creating a new page, additional to those I
> already had prior to the upgrade to 3.0, my homepage redirects to that
> newly created page with a 301 permanent redirect. If I delete the page
> the redirect stays and produces a 404 error each time I try to visit
> the homepage. To eliminate the error I have to go in the DB and delete
> the 301 entry.

This list is not a support list.

You have a problem with Redirects.  Do you have any redirection
plugins installed?  Have you tried looking through the source of your
plugins to find mentions of the wp_redirection_items and
wp_redirection_modules tables (these are not core tables)?

My guess is that this is a problem with Urban Giraffe's Redirection
plugin http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/redirection/  Do you have that
plugin installed? If you disable the plugin, does the problem go away
(always a good debugging step).

Here's a link which addresses what sounds like your problem.

http://urbangiraffe.com/support/topic/home-page-is-redirecting-to-another-wp-page-without-my-instruction-to-do-so

If it is this plugin that's causing the problem, I suggest you move
your discussion to those support forums as the people there will be
able to help you better.  If they can fix your problem, please also
post a note on your WordPress.org forums thread so that people
searching that site can get the answer they need.

Please also direct future support inquiries to the proper channels.