[wp-hackers] Home redirects to new page on WP 3.0

mailapera mailapera at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 16:27:18 UTC 2010

Hi, I am posting here as I can't get any help on the forums.

I installed 3.0 and after creating a new page, additional to those I
already had prior to the upgrade to 3.0, my homepage redirects to that
newly created page with a 301 permanent redirect. If I delete the page
the redirect stays and produces a 404 error each time I try to visit
the homepage. To eliminate the error I have to go in the DB and delete
the 301 entry.

I also tried creating multiple new pages. The result is that after
deleting from the DB the oldest page (of the newly created ones) the
redirect moves to the next newly created page in line. So I cannot
create any new page.

I tried disabling all plugins and the error is still in place. I have
no idea what produces it.

Thanks for any help