[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Mitch Canter mitch at studionashvegas.com
Tue Jul 6 14:51:50 UTC 2010

The core argument here is whether or not people would be OK with their
blogging software having the ability to edit content (even if it's
just changing the spelling) without their permission.  Why not ask the
community?  A poll, a blog post, anything could be done where you
simply ask the question:

Would you mind if WordPress put code in your software that would
autocorrect the spelling of the word WordPress?

Explain why (branding reasons, continuity) and have someone draft the
cons (principle of editing content, etc) and ask the people.
WordPress is all about the community, this list isn't a good sample of
that community (because we're all much more technically savvy than a
lot of the users).

Ask the question, get the answer, act on it, and problem solved.

~Mitch