[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Ben Huson ben at thewhiteroom.net
Tue Jul 6 10:14:09 UTC 2010

My initial input on trac was that I though this was a bad idea and my
main concern was the perception that WordPress was altering something
you have typed without telling you (I think it's this perception issue
that has sparked this torrent of feedback).

I am not at all against protecting WordPress trademark and this fix is
actually quite a good way to do that. As long as it doesn't break
stuff for people, only affecting text and not links, filenames etc,
that is fine.

The only real downsides to all this are:

1. You cannot write "You spell it WordPress not Wordpress" (If you
want to write this you probably know or can find out how to remove the
filter)

2. You cannot spot the difference between a die-hard WordPress fan and
a rookie merely by looking at their content.

That's all. Now let's move on.

- Ben