[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Gavin Pearce Gavin.Pearce at 3seven9.com
Tue Jul 6 09:32:45 UTC 2010

I fully agree with Harry here:

1) The vast majority of people seem to be in favor for it being removed
(REF# TRAC, this thread, forums).
2) It *does* break things for many users (some of them are non-technical
so they won't be editing source) - fact.
3) The action the function does is so trivial, and non-critical, it
shouldn't even be core-code IMHO.

Considering the status of the WordPress project - reason 1 should be
enough on its own, but with 2 combined, it's non-debatable. The function
must be removed.

At the end of the day who CARES if WordPress is Wordpress, Wordress,
wordPress or anything else - remove the function and it'll fix things
for users complaining. If you really want it, use add_filter to add it
back in.

Matt - also FYI, I don't have *any* spare time myself to hang around
mailing lists arguing about points like this, in fact, I have much
better things to be doing than persuading you why you're wrong. That
said, you clearly have time spare for snide remarks yourself though?

At the end of the day, I know it's your code, and your 'baby', but now
your babys all grown up, you have to step back and give it room to think
for itself - eg Wordpress Foundation.

Views here are only in relation to this function - I know users
complaining isn't always a good reason to alter code.

Comments welcome of course.

Gav