[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Jul 5 23:18:54 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> I guess I'm the one to call out all the bikeshedding going on today...

+1.

I enjoy reading the various suggestions that the exact content you enter has
been treated as-is until this very point. Please remove the following
filters from your installs: emoticons, autop, shortcodes, texturize, special
characters, curly quotes, tag balancing, filtered HTML / kses, comment link
nofollows, and surely others. These filters trigger regular expressions that
are magnitudes more intensive, and every one of them is or has at one time
been prone to bugs and acceptable edge cases as a best case scenario, and a
giant security hole as the worst case.

As written by Andrew Ozz:

> I'm still being amazed by how a well meant effort to correct a common
> spelling mistake can be turned into a .... (insert your favourite conspiracy
> theory here).

Grammatically "WordPress" is a name and "Wordpress" is the misspelled form