[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 20:21:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> If it helps, think of this as one of those quirks that you sometimes love,
> sometimes disagree with, but ultimately separates WordPress from the 1,000
> other generic, soulless, un-opinionated CMSes that flood the market. We have
> made you a beautiful omelet, sorry about the eggs! Except not really sorry.

I believe it would help more if we thought of this as one of those
cases that explain why WordPress needs a better form of governance.
;-)

I am thinking of a setup that would not permit anyone to act as if
WordPress were their own personal project (we are beyond the point
where that could still be beneficial) and that would enforce
meritocracy at every level, down to the evaluation of the slightest
change or proposed change.

(About the “generic, soulless” etc. argument, you know that I agree
with you on that in general, and I have said so in the past, but I
think that in this particular case you are taking it too far, to the
point of undermining the general idea.)

Cheers!

Demetris
http://op111.net/76 ‹ See what is new in WordPress 3.0!