[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Christopher Ross cross at thisismyurl.com
Mon Jul 5 16:58:56 UTC 2010

On 2010-07-05, at 12:22 PM, Nathan Rice wrote:

>> People seem fundamentally uncomfortable with the idea of acceptable edge
>> cases.
>>

> That may very well be true. But what also seems to be true is the fact that
> people are fundamentally uncomfortable with the idea that their CMS might
> alter their content, without opt-in consent.

I'm with you 100% on this Nathan. I think protecting the brand is great but altering content without permission is creepy and compare it to if Microsoft started altering words in a users Word doc without permission.

Perhaps a better solution would be to add a spell check rule to the TinyMCE which annoys people into fixing it, rather than doing it behind their backs.
__

Christopher Ross

Toronto      1 (416) 840-5828
Fredericton 1 (506) 474-2708