[wp-hackers] Detailing content listing

Vinicius Massuchetto viniciusandre at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 20:26:07 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, scribu <scribu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Vinicius Massuchetto <
> viniciusandre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've been running through some problems while styling menu items
>> generated by `wp_list_pages` or `wp_list_categories`, mostly because
>> of the lack of classes that map things like odd, even, first or last.
>>

> Come on, you need classes for odd, even, first or last?

No, I don't. I just would use PHP code to generate classes instead of
applying styles with jQuery if I could, and leaving the page rendering
the less possible "user-side".

> I thought we already
> have CSS selectors for that.

Unfortunately, IE does not support :first and other CSS selectors...
And I don't think it's nice to load jQuery just to apply some colors.

--
Vinicius Massuchetto
http://vinicius.soylocoporti.org.br