[wp-hackers] Synchronizing Custom Taxonomies with Custom Post Types?

scribu scribu at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 18:11:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> Has anyone worked with synchronizing custom taxonomies with custom post
> types?

I've tried and it didn't work out too well.

> I need to use a custom taxonomy to associate with a custom post type so
> that I can relate instances of the two custom post types in a many-to-many
> relationship and so I can use the taxonomy selector widget in the admin for
> existing UI.

For many-to-many relationships between posts, I have a little plugin that
uses the postmeta table to connect posts. Here are the wrapper functions:

http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/posts-to-posts/trunk/api.php?rev=249279

--
http://scribu.net