[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Sat Jul 3 11:28:34 UTC 2010

>> And if I am not mistaken this kind of thing,misprint or oversight is the
>> exact reason that Matt either developed or commissioned a plugin that
would
>> correct instances of WordPress being written any other way than
WordPress.
> When I wrote W-P[1] - a long time ago it seems now, Matt most certainly
> did not commission it. ;)

Hah!  Now that's old school.

It's now a built in function at the end of formatting.php:

/**
 * Forever eliminate "Wordpress" from the planet (or at least the little bit
we can influence).
 *
 * Violating our coding standards for a good function name.
 *
 * @since 3.0.0
 */
function capital_P_dangit( $text ) {
       return str_replace( 'Wordpress', 'WordPress', $text );
}