[wp-hackers] display the list of new taxonomy

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Fri Jul 2 19:15:02 UTC 2010

On Jul 2, 2010, at 2:40 PM, scribu wrote:
> Actually, there's a template tag for that:
>
> the_taxonomies()<http://xref.yoast.com/trunk/nav.html?_functions/the_taxonomies.html>

That's similar, but not identical. For example, if he had 2 taxonomies (i.e. Actor, Genre) the following:

Could generate this HTML where the taxonomies are bulleted, not the terms:

	- Actor: Brad Pitt, Georges Clooney,  ...
	- Genre: Comedy, Drama, ...

On Jul 2, 2010, at 2:44 PM, Andrew Nacin wrote:
> And, wp_list_categories() takes a taxonomy arg as well.

Yes, the following will create an equivalent list of all Actors:

	wp_list_categories(array('taxonomy'=>'practice-area','title_li'=>''));

But as far as I can tell there's no easy way to get it to limit to Actors that are associated with a specific Movie.  Am I missing something?

-Mike