[wp-hackers] API for wordpress.org/extend/plugins/?

Matt logikal16 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:50:25 UTC 2010

Yes, there is a plugin API.

It's pretty poorly documented, and it seems to have reliability issues (the
API would occasionally crash if trying to retrieve data on a couple hundred
plugins at once).

Here's my function to retrieve a listing of plugins:
http://wordpress.pastebin.com/7Ji8rD2P

Here's the documentation I did find (thanks DD32):
http://dd32.id.au/projects/wordpressorg-plugin-information-api-docs/

<http://wordpress.pastebin.com/7Ji8rD2P>Hope that helps,
Matt