[wp-hackers] Possible OT: News on multiple pages

MarvinC marvinc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:13:48 UTC 2010

My apologies in advance if this question doesn't constitute as a "hack" but
I'm hoping it's close enough to generate a response or push in the right
direction.

I have a WordPress 2.9.1 site running vBulletin and the vBridge plugin
that's set to use VB for comments. This places the News posts to the front
page. What I'm asked is if it's possible to have certain posts and "static"
content to appear on the front page and have another page that displays ALL
of the posts? So on the front page I'd have the following setup:

Block #1 News scroller - (I'm currently using the Rotating Post for this to
only display content from the News category.)
Block #2 A smooth gallery slideshow
Block #3 A block displaying a weekly feature.
Block #4 Fixed Info that rarely changes

The way I have it under Reading Settings is:

Front Page: Welcome
Posts Page: News

In this setup the vBridge cause (forces) the posts to appear on both pages,
which adds confusion. So I'm wondering if anyone knows of a set of plugins
or a method allows me to achieve this without breaking the vBridge?

Any responses or feedback appreciated.