[wp-hackers] Flash getting content from XML

Silverstein, Jesse Jesse.Silverstein at xerox.com
Wed Jan 20 16:39:59 UTC 2010

You may want to try the SWFObject library. I'm using it in Trailmeme for WordPress <http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordtrails>, passing a lot of data to and from Flash via XML, and it works great.

Out of curiosity, are you sending Flash the encoded URL to fetch the XML from, or are you sending straight XML as a string to be parsed by Flash? Either way, are you complying with XHTML with your encodings? That could be messing with you.

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you want to see a live demo of XML passing to Flash via SWFObject, try <http://blog.trailmeme.com/trails> and click any of the View Map buttons.

-Jesse