[wp-hackers] A question about donation link

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 17 12:25:05 UTC 2010

Thanks for letting me take a look, I'm no expert but here's my view on it...

The label for the checkbox in the admin panel looks like this:
"If disabling the credits, please, consider _donating to the project_."

As a result of selecting that, the following text is removed from the
footer:
"SITENAME is powered by _WordPress_ - Site design by _Alkivia_."

Could a user get confused as to what they are donating towards - you just
say 'the project' but if it removes WordPress credits, perhaps a user might
think that they've just donated to the WordPress 'project' instead of just
the theme.

Maybe if you were more specific in your language - "If disabling the
credits, please consider donating some money to the designer to help fund
the development of this theme?"

That's the only thing I can think that WP.org folks might have an issue
with.

-- Alex  (Hempsworth)