[wp-hackers] New plugin for plugin authors to showcase their plugins on their site

Thomas Belknap dragonfly at dragonflyeye.net
Sat Jan 16 16:48:40 UTC 2010

Dude.  So sweet. Thanks!

On Jan 16, 2010 11:46 AM, "Mark Jaquith" <markjaquith at gmail.com> wrote:

Like many plugin authors here, I have many of my plugins in the wp.org
repository, but I also want to showcase them on my own site. Until
now, I've been managing them on my site manually. This has proved to
be a giant pain — so much so that it makes me dread updating my
plugins, as I know it'll involve a tedious update of their
representative pages on my site.

I wrote a plugin to remedy this.

http://txfx.net/wordpress-plugins/i-make-plugins/

In order to make the page above, I did the following:

1. Pages > Add New
2. Title: I Make Plugins
3. Parent Page: WordPress Plugins
4. Publish

That's it! It's getting all its info from the plugin repository, using
the API calls available within WordPress. The info is cached in
postmeta, with an expiration.

It also auto-populates the listing page:

http://txfx.net/wordpress-plugins/

Both pages have templates (using WP shortcodes, of course) so that you
can customize their layout.

Now you can manage your personal plugins showcase just by updating
their readme.txt file. Hope this is of some use to you!

--
Mark Jaquith
• http://markjaquith.com/http://coveredwebservices.com/