[wp-hackers] A question about donation link

Jordi Canals jcanals at alkivia.net
Fri Jan 15 00:26:52 UTC 2010

2010/1/15 <aaron at xavisys.com>

> Of course plugins aren't allowed to put a link for the plugin or author
> outside the admin panel unless it's opt in (not opt out), so plugins and
> themes are already treated at least a little differently.
>
> Having said that, I don't have a problem with a donation link as mentioned,
> as long as it's worded as being optional.  If you say "To uncheck this box
> and hide the credits, you must first donate" then that would be different
> (in my opinion).

I agree with you if you say "to hide credits you MUST donate". Just I think
the words "If disabling the credits, please, consider donating to the
project." are clear enough that you can consider it, if you want.

Another option is to completely remove the option to hide the public footer
credits and make the user to hack the footer.php file if him want to remove
the footer. But I like making thins more easy without hacking any file.