[wp-hackers] PHP 5 any time soon?

Matt Martz matt at sivel.net
Thu Jan 14 19:02:00 UTC 2010

>> ..when the WordPress user-base drops to a lower percentage mark...
>
> Just curious how those analytics are being determined?

These stats are determined based on the information that WordPress
sends when it phones home for updates and such.

As it was described at WordCamp NYC there are no plans to suddenly
make any release in the near future require PHP5.  We will continue
adding new features, some may require PHP5, which some do now, until
the bulk of the functionality requires PHP5, and is not usable with
php4.

--
Matt Martz
matt at sivel.net