[wp-hackers] 3.0 dev schedule

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Jan 14 17:34:56 UTC 2010

I just posted a development schedule to wpdevel.wordpress.com based on
the decisions in recent dev chats. Check out the nice long period for
attacking bugs of all shapes and sizes. Also the very decent amount of
time for beta and RC to allow for broad public testing, not to mention
giving plugin and theme authors a good chunk of time to update plugins/
themes for compatibility, and translators some breathing room after
string freeze. And last but not least, the bulk of the cycle dedicated
to working on the merge and any issues that arise while combining the
codebases. Hopefully the schedule will sound good to everyone, and we
can all stick to it and not try to squeeze in additional enhancements
and features after freeze on February 15. Any concerns or comments
would be best left as comments on wpdevel, or brought up in today's
dev chat at 21:00 UTC in #wordpress-dev at irc.freenode.net.