[wp-hackers] Pagination: How to display sidebar content on front page only?

Austin Matzko austin at ilfilosofo.com
Tue Jan 12 03:12:47 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 9:07 PM, RePost <repost_08 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to place sidebar content on my blog that appears on the home page
> only.
>
> This means the content should display only at mysite.com and not at
> mysite.com/page/2/
>
> However, both the home page and inside pages use the same template,
> index.php, which means they both use the same sidebar.
>
> Is there a conditional script that would allow me to use a different sidebar
> on inside pages?

You can check the returned value of is_home() (or possibly
is_front_page() depending on your situation). See
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Conditional_Tags>

This mail list is meant for discussion of core WordPress development.
In the future, please direct support questions such as this to the
support forum. <http://wordpress.org/support/>