[wp-hackers] Trash for links too?

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Mon Jan 11 22:26:22 UTC 2010

They'd only be consistent with posts, pages, and comments.

Trash for media was disabled and punted last-minute in 2.9 and is
expected to be handled in 3.0. Excluding plugins which are
filesystem-based and can obviously be deactivated, that still leaves
links, categories, and taxonomies/tags.

As a follow up to #4529, you may want to create a feature request
ticket for "Trash for items w/o trash" or something to that effect and
see what generates traction. (I'd lean toward links yes to trash,
cats/tax/tags no.) I'd make sure media is excluded from the ticket, as
that should be handled in another.