[wp-hackers] Adding an editorial calendar to WordPress

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 12:17:36 UTC 2010

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 19:15:36 -0500, "Zack Grossbart"
<zack at grossbart.com> wrote:

>Hello Everyone,
>
>This is my first post to this list.  I'm working on a new plugin that adds an
>editorial calendar to WordPress.
>
>http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/editorial-calendar
>
>This plugin allows users to see all of their posts in a calendar view and drag
>and drop them to manage their blog.  You can try a demo at:
>
>http://www.zackgrossbart.com/extras/sandbox/wp-admin
>
>I wrote this plugin with the hope of contributing it to the WordPress core.  It
>provides functionality that most bloggers want and is missing from WordPress
>right now.  I opened a Trac ticket for this
>(http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11252) and Denis-de-Bernardy and nacin
>voted for leaving it as a plugin.  However, they encouraged me to contact the
>list and see if I could build traction in the community.
>
>So what do you think?  Should this stay as a plugin or be considered for the
>WordPress core?
>
>Thanks in advance for the help.

Lovely one, would be nice having the calendar show up all authr posts
and status would be usefull for big collaborative blogs (like ones of
a coampany i work for) that do 10 post a day in lot of blogs from
diffente authors that not all have the permission to reorganize the
workflow but needs to know if there is post in a time slot already
etc.. this would be a nice on e plugin.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it