[wp-hackers] Preparing a site for high traffic

William P. Davis will at copress.org
Sun Jan 10 04:13:56 UTC 2010

I'm working on a large site (43,000 posts) that will have a high
amount of traffic. Usually the load time for the front page is less
than 1 second, but whenever there's a change to the database and the
query isn't cached the load time can take up to 30 seconds. Does
anyone have experience optimizing WordPress for such large sites? Is
there something I can do to fix this? I've attached home.php and a
list of the queries used and the time it takes to complete them.

William P. Davis
will at copress.org
207.660.5342 (cell)
www.copress.org