[wp-hackers] Handling Plugin translations

Dion Hulse (dd32) wordpress at dd32.id.au
Sat Jan 9 10:46:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:21:50 +1100, TobiasBg
<wp-hackers at tobias.baethge.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> With the latest plugin release, I have now started to set translations
> that were not updated in a while to "inactive".
> This means that I don't include them into the final release, but in beta
> or dev versions (so that already translated strings are not lost
> forever, I just does not make sense to include them in the final, as the
> translation is not very useful, if it only covers half of the plugin).
> As mentioned above, I had to set 6 of the 15 translations to inactive.
> That just happens. In two cases the translators email addresses are no
> longer existing, and in the rest they just don't respond.

Thats pretty much the approach i was thinking of taking for this release.
I'm going to get a RC/beta out tonight for the plugin, and send a email
around for translations, Cheers :)

>> I was considering installing GlotPress and maybe getting people to
>> update them there directly, Has anyone else taken this route?
>
> I would really love to do that, but unfortunately GlotPress is not (yet)
> ready for that. I would love to test and play around with it, but
> unfortunately have severe problems, especially because of this issue:
> http://trac.glotpress.org/ticket/26

I might have to get involved in GlotPress then and get it up and running
for myself, see what i cant fix along the way :)

Cheers
Dion Hulse / dd32
--
Contact: