[wp-hackers] Questions - 404 and passworded page

Alex Andrews awgandrews at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:04:24 UTC 2010

Dear all,

A couple of queries that I can't work out even after a fair bit of Googling.

1. At the moment my plugin takes some data from a rewrite and
processes it - ie artist/NAME. If the data isn't found for NAME ie
there is no artist like this, I want to display a Wordpress templated
404 message - how can I do this?

2. How can I plug into the passworded post system so I can have a page
generated by a plugin passworded as with a normal post?

Thanks very much. If you could point me in the right direction that
would be great.

All the best

Alex