[wp-hackers] Requesting advice regarding comments form errors, accessibility and patch for http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4332

Bjorn Wijers burobjorn at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:48:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering if somebody (preferably a core committer) could shed some
light on this patch http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4332.

As far as I understand from Ryan there are some issues with comment
paging and inline replies? What should be done to fix this?

I would like to fix this so we can show errors directly in context with
the form fields instead of showing a new page. By doing this, Wordpress
would adhere to this section[1] of the Dutch Government accessibility
guidelines (Webrichtlijnen) out-of-the-box. This makes it even more
interesting to use Wordpress for Dutch Government websites :)

[1]
http://www.webrichtlijnen.nl/english/manual/development/production/contingency-design/guidelines/#r-pd-22-5

ps: Javascript is not a solution since it is a client-side solution upon
we cannot rely.

Thanks in advance!

--

met vriendelijke groet,
Bjorn Wijers

* b u r o b j o r n .nl *
digitaal vakmanschap | digital craftsmanship

Concordiastraat 68-126
3551 EM Utrecht
The Netherlands

phone: +31 6 49 74 78 70