[wp-hackers] Script Install of WordPress Lastest

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Tue Feb 16 15:45:16 UTC 2010

Ken, another option if the PHP-based automation isn't working is to do
a normal download to your computer of the zip file, upload THAT with
FTP to your server, then use SSH to unzip it on the command line. I've
found this to be much faster than uploading the unzipped files (its
~2mb zipped and over 7mb unzipped) and I've never had problems with
it.

Obviously an even better solution is to work out a setup where you use
SVN checkouts, though even I haven't taken the time to get most of my
sites running that way, especially when the automated updates tend to
work fairly well.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org