[wp-hackers] How to share WordPress posts across multiple blogs

pradipta sinha singh.gabu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 18:45:52 UTC 2010

Hi,
I want to share my posts in multiple blogs, I want to use a common post and
postmeta table in all my blogs,
I am shring user table in multiple wordpress installation websites,

A detialed documnetation in sharing account in multiple blog is here
http://wpclassipress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1409

Now same way define in cofig.php in child blog and also by the same way
editing the capabilities.php in includes folder
Can i make the posts and post meta  table a common for  both of the blogs,

For say

define('CUSTOM_POSTS_TABLE', 'wp_posts');
define('CUSTOM_POST_META_TABLE', 'wp_postmeta');
define('CUSTOM_CAPABILITIES_PREFIX', 'wp_');

and edit the wp-includes/capabilities.php
// $this->cap_key = $wpdb->prefix . 'capabilities'; coomnet this line

place
if (defined ('CUSTOM_CAPABILITIES_PREFIX')) {
      $this->cap_key = CUSTOM_CAPABILITIES_PREFIX . 'capabilities';
   } else {
           $this->cap_key = $wpdb->prefix . 'capabilities';
   }
//
Is that the way to make the psot and postmeta table common ??
Kindly help me on that.
Thanks
http://ajaxee.xtreemhost.com/new/
ajaxee(singh.gabu at gmail.com)