[wp-hackers] Slightly O/T: PHP based alternative to LESS/Sass?

Jeremy Clarke jer at simianuprising.com
Sat Feb 13 18:05:28 UTC 2010

I got so excited when I first saw these things but the more I read
about them the more nervous I got about committing to them.

I've been working towards modularising my CSS to achieve the same
goals instead of depending on external scripts. Doing things like
creating non-semantic CSS classes and just adding the actual selectors
to them as needed, things like:

#GroupBigGreyBox,
#content .entry,
#content .comment {
}

#content .entry { /* see #GroupBigGreyBox */ }

So far its working fairly well for helping clean up my code and
reminding me to think of the big picture when planning out various
page elements.

--
Jeremy Clarke | http://jeremyclarke.org
Code and Design | http://globalvoicesonline.org