[wp-hackers] Compatability section for plugns

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Sat Feb 13 13:09:08 UTC 2010

From: <elflop at googlemail.com> Saturday, February 13, 2010
>I know I posted about this a while ago, but I still dislike it. Not many of
>the people that download and use it successfully ever come back to to click
>the works button. Yet people are more likely to return to click broken if
>it doesn't work for them.
>
> 95% of the people that say its broken when they actually post for help,
> have mis-configured things, or even not set up WP correctly. Of the
> thousands that have downloaded the plugin just 2 people have clicked
> anything, and one of them was me.
>
> So these 'stats' are never going to be an accurate representation.
>
> Can it be changed so that if you say it is broken you not only have to
> give  a reason, but that reason is sent to the plugin developer so that
> they can  get an idea of why people are saying it is broken!

I could be wrong, but I thought that was going to be a case, or a potential
upgrade to the compatibility section of the plugin repository? Or it maybe
had something to do with integrating with the plugins page in admin, but I
couldn't be 100% sure sadly, I can't even remember where I read it either? -
Sorry I'm not much help! =/