[wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In And AroundTheCategory Side Of Things

Mark McWilliams admin at wpkid.com
Thu Feb 11 01:34:00 UTC 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Nacin" <wp at andrewnacin.com>
To: <wp-hackers at lists.automattic.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2010 1:19 AM
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Some Thoughts/Enhancement Ideas In And
AroundTheCategory Side Of Things

>> At the end of the day, WHAT EXACTLY does /category/ do?
>
> As I explained in the ticket
> (http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12183),
> it exists to assist with the internal rewrite rules.

I'll rephrase that then, WHAT EXACTLY does /taxonomy-name-here/ do? I mean,
at the end of the day you could have 100's of these setup, so assisting with
internal rewrite rules is still going to create a huge long list am I not
right? - Which defeats the purpose?

So moving away from what it does, why can't we take advantage of it, and
make it useful? I had an interesting discussion with Michael Fields earlier
on about it, and he completely agrees! You can take a look at what was said
from @wpkid which is me, and @_mfields which is Michael. If it's got to be
included, then something can be done to enhance it, but still keep it to
greatly assist in some internal rewrite rules that nobody seems to be
explaining, but I'm sidetracking now!