[wp-hackers] Possible OT: Force certain posts to front page in specific order

MarvinC marvinc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 19:07:35 UTC 2010

Is it possible to force posts from certain categories to appear certain
slots on the front page? So I'd have

Post 1 assigned to the Cold category. This will be the first post block.
Post 2 assigned to the Warm category. Thiis will be the second post block.
Post 3 assigned to the Hot category. This will be the third post block.

Whenever I create a new post and add it to the Warm category it only appears
in the 2nd post and not the 1st or 3rd. Same for the other posts in that
they only appear in the set post block. Hopefully this makes sense and I'll
post it to the forums in case there's a plugin that helps with this.
Any responses appreciated.