[wp-hackers] Another plugin removed from WP.org extend directory

KnxDT knxdt.blogspot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 07:11:23 UTC 2010

Hi:

My plugin has been removed from WP Extend Repository. I've been looking for
some answers and I encountered that this one is not the first case (of a
plugin removed) in the last month. For example this one:

http://osdir.com/ml/wordpress-hackers/2010-01/msg00205.html

The diference is that my plugin is not SEO based and I'm not sure if already
exists another one that do the same things (that my plugin does). My plugin
is not listing anymore and I only can see it when I log in with my account.

The url is:
Download link:

As you can see the plugin is still hosted on Wordpress SVN but not listed. I
read that maybe could be a problem related with a security flaw (like in
other cases) or maybe if the plugin is too similar to another one. I was
checking this posibility and I remember that I based my plugin in this one
(that only shows a feed counter, not the whole subscription form):

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feedburner-widget/

Maybe the code is quite similar and they removed my plugin because of that.
I'm not sure because they (Wordpress Dev Team) didn't send me any kind of
message about this situation.

Any ideas? Thank you very much for your support and your patience.

PS: Excuse me if my English isn't good enough, I speak Spanish :)