[wp-hackers] Batch Change Post Authors

Joaquin Rodriguez Montero yojoaquin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 13:10:13 UTC 2010

Hi guys! Straight to the subject:

I have +3700 posts which I'd like to export, but as you could imagine it'd
create a massive file "impossible" to import into another WP install. So I
thought, well, MySQL Dumper -> quite a decent file size, etc. Issue is,
content is in Spanish so each entry that has a "ñ" or letters with tilde
(á,é,í,ó,ú) produces entries without title.

Then I thought: why not change the authors of the posts and export them by
author. That generates a smaller size file, therefore the import process is
smooth. Now, is there a way to batch change this? Say, via SQL? Or
displaying more than 20 entries per page? That way I could batch change the
authors via the Post panel.

I'd create 10 authors and assign to each one of them 370 posts. Any
suggestion?

Thanks!