[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.1 Requirements

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Thu Dec 16 15:56:38 UTC 2010

One set of sites I have is on 1and1.  Automatic updates do not work in the default configuration (PHP 4.x).  The update hangs on "downloading zip..."  If you do the one change of add the mapping to the .htaccess file, to force PHP 5.x) they do work.  That, to me, is clear proof of a 5.x dependency.

It is quite true that, as far as I can determine, the sites work fine on 4.x with manual upgrading.

From: Dre Armeda <feeds at armeda.com>
Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] WordPress 3.1 Requirements

Just wanted to throw that out there, not sure this is a PHP version problem.