[wp-hackers] Licensing and Copyright Issues with the Hello Dolly Plugin

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu Dec 16 03:48:58 UTC 2010

On Dec 15, 2010 10:37 PM, "Vid Luther" <vid at zippykid.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
>  I'm fairly new to the wp-hackers, and the development process, so
> pardon my dumb questions.
>
> We should join the testers list or the trac list?

> I'll be going through the tickets in trac and try and submit patches to
> things I can. I learnt a lot last week with our interaction on a
> specific ticket, so I'll try and not over write my patch :).

The testers list is generally conversations about bugs before they become
Trac tickets. That's the perfect place to discuss things you find.

The Trac mailing list is a notification mailing list only, for every ticket
and comment. You probably don't want that. (On the other hand, I would
recommend the not-as-high-volume SVN list so you can learn from studying our
commits.)

If you want to help:

Skim core.trac.wordpress.org/report/5 or 6. Most of these tickets require
some inside knowledge (we triage this report every day in IRC -- today was a
few hours straight) but there might be some patches to test and possibly
things to break.

You can best help by testing the new features and looking for holes. Beat up
on multi-taxonomy queries, custom post type archives, custom capabilities
for custom post types, get_users(), the new import/export code, and the
like. Set up a 3.1 network and try to find bugs in the new network admin.

The beta 1 announcement has all of the main features listed. I would go
through and see what you want to lean on.

Cheers,

Nacin