[wp-hackers] Custom edit posts screen

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 11:26:26 UTC 2010

I think I was linked to a plugin that does this, idk i'll have to check when
I get home, im just on my mobile now.

On Dec 14, 2010 2:36 AM, "Rob Miller" <rob at bigfish.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Does anyone know of a method to modify the posts displayed on the edit
posts screen, either through the query string or programmatically?

> Essentially, I want to display an admin screen, identical to the regular
`wp-admin/edit.php`, of posts that have a certain meta value.

> In WP 3.0, I used the (possibly hacky) method of creating an admin page in
which I queried the posts I wanted, then faked the global `$current_screen`
object to match the one in `wp-admin/edit.php`, and then simply included
`wp-admin/edit-post-rows.php`. This has unfortunately stopped working in WP
3.1, though — as perhaps such a bodged solution was always destined to to!

> So, is there a better method? My initial hope before I used the hacky
solution was just that I could pass query vars into the URL directly (i.e.
that I could just link to `wp-admin/edit.php?meta_key=foo&meta_value=bar`),
but that doesn't seem to be possible. Google doesn't turn up anything, but I
might just be failing at search terms. Does anyone have any ideas?

> I thought about filtering `the_request` and only modifying the request on
certain admin pages, but it seemed overly general and unnecessary — perhaps
it's the only solution, though.