[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Dec 14 04:03:32 UTC 2010

And they're on to that tactic now, too. A lot of these bastards are now
putting in checksums and other code-checks in header.php (and functions.php,
and elsewhere) to check for changes to the encrypted footer.php code - and
die() if it's been changed.

(Not that such checks are anything more than an annoyance, since they, too,
can be cleaned up and removed.)

Chip