[wp-hackers] Premium plugin protection

Ken (WraithKenny) ken.adcstudio at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 23:30:12 UTC 2010

I'd think that encrypted/obfuscated code would provoke someone to
request the readable code, then post it (legally, if it's GPL) on
their blog, thus increasing your "potential [negative] exposure" ...
just as a practical consideration, it makes better sense to charge for
support and encourage more positive forms of exposure.