[wp-hackers] Activating another Plugin when Activating a Plugin

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Fri Dec 10 18:14:08 UTC 2010

+1 to that

I've seen several plug-ins that depend on one or another *other *plug-ins
... as well as some themes that depend on the functionality provided by
other plug-ins.  Usually, a savvy developer throws in an
`if(function_exists('...'))` check to be safe, but not always.  And if
someone disables the required plug-in, everything breaks.  It would be nice
if WordPress could detect this automatically.

I know a few Twitter and Facebook plug-ins I installed a while ago actually
set up 4-5 different plug-ins that served different purposes.  I didn't need
them, and thoughtlessly tried to delete one of the "included" plug-ins only
to watch WordPress delete them all (because they were in the same folder).
 So being able to predict both kinds of dependencies would be awesome.