[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Brian Layman bulk at thecodecave.com
Fri Dec 10 16:06:32 UTC 2010

On 12/10/2010 5:38 AM, Ryan McCue wrote:
> Linus agrees, hence why the tool to make patches (`git format-patch`)
> makes an email file, and the tool to apply patches (`git am`) applies
> from .mbox format. Personally, I think using patches with git works
> perfectly fine if you want to use it that way.
Which is why TortoiseGIT works exactly the same as TortoiseSVN in this
regard.  You can do a diff, you can diff with previous versions and save
the result.. The method of distributing patches probably won't change.
The functionality is all there.  Using a tool is irrelevant as you can
do it with or without.

I favorited a tweet on this last month.  It seems appropriate..
"@sdenike based on dev friends ditching SVN for Git it's mature enough.
Also, use the CLI you lazy jerkface. You don't need a 3rd party app." -
http://twitter.com/#!/joeonhosting/status/29664317932

-Brian