[wp-hackers] Switching from SVN

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Dec 9 19:36:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:30 PM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
> For the record, I don't get git. I find it confusing and difficult to use.

BTW, I agree with nacin that this is most likely a matter of the
associated tools just not being up to par yet. SVN has been around a
long time, while GIT is relatively new by comparison. The tools I've
seen to work with it are all difficult to use and the weird use of
terminology I don't understand (because I don't understand the git
workflow in the first place) makes them difficult and confusing. If
the tools were better, and the terminology was explained well, then
maybe it would make more sense to me.

-Otto