[wp-hackers] WordPress 3.0.3

Mitch Canter mitch at mitchcanter.com
Wed Dec 8 21:15:24 UTC 2010

I don't believe there's any doubt on this list that such releases are important.  We all know, and very, very much appreciate, the work that goes into keeping things running as far as security releases (because if a vulnerability gets out before it's addressed, we have to unhack client's sites, restore data, etc.).

I was approaching it from more of the end user who just runs WordPress because someone told them to, set it up for them, or who just doesn't understand the why.  I agree with the statement below that (not hating or anything) Windows Updates tends to scare people because they see horror stories about how updates have gone wrong and shut down a whole system. It's nice to have a "this is why things are done this way" we can take back to clients or end-users and point them to a blog post or tweet that gives them the information quickly.

Mitch